Coronavirus Resource center
The UNC System and its constituent institutions are working closely with local, state, and federal health authorities to monitor developments, coordinate and share information, and provide guidance regarding COVID-19.
As we begin the Fall 2020 semester, each campus has taken steps to minimize the risk of transmission on campus and has communicated community expectations to students, faculty, and staff. All preparations are in accordance with CDC and NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) guidance to institutions of higher education, as well as with the Governor’s executive orders. These precautionary actions address four areas of focus: community standards of behavior; facilities and the environment; instruction; and services and activities.
We understand this is a stressful time for many in our community, and we are taking the necessary steps to help reduce the spread of the virus. We appreciate our entire UNC System community’s participation in helping us reduce the spread.
Please check this site for regular updates and closely follow guidance from health professionals and individual institution leaders.
UNC SYSTEM Press releases And Messages
To find the latest information and updates on COVID-19, visit the UNC System COVID-19 Resource Center or your institution’s webpage regularly.
The health and protection of those who study, work, and teach on our campuses is a priority. For that reason, we’ve modified physical spaces. Take a look at some of the changes implemented this semester.
A message from UNC System students: wear a mask, practice social distancing, and wash your hands. Protect yourself and others, but mostly, do it so we don’t have to move back in with our parents.
Below are recent video messages from former UNC System Interim President Bill Roper, a physician and former head of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), to the community, faculty, staff, and students.
- August 23, 2020 — UNC System President Releases Statement on East Carolina University and UNC Charlotte
- August 21, 2020 — UNC System President Issues Statement on Updated Guidance for Higher Education
- August 20, 2020 — UNC System President Addresses Modifications for Fall Semester
- August 17, 2020 — UNC System President Issues Statement on Fall Semester
- May 19, 2020 — Groups Donate over $700,000 to Student Emergency Funds
- April 29, 2020 — UNC System Interim President: Moving Forward Toward Fall 2020
- March 30, 2020 —?UNC System Commits to Prorated Reimbursements for Unused Housing and Dining Services
- March 26, 2020 —?UNC System Donors Can Assist Students Facing Hardships Through Emergency Funds
- March 17, 2020 —?UNC System Updates Guidance to Constituent Institutions
- March 17, 2020 —?UNC System Assists Faculty and Instructors with Transition to Online Learning
- March 11, 2020 —?UNC System Issues Update on Coronavirus Preparations